- Post a column of 800 words every Thursday (subject to change), 15 columns altogether.
- Make a sincere effort to improve your writing by revising every column in light of critique and eliminating patterns of error or weakness.
- Write a detailed self-assessment after every third column.
- Make a genuine effort to help cohort members improve their work, following critique parameters provided.
- Read the work of three professional columnists every week and become conversant with their style.
- Honor the space you’ve been given and the discipline you’ve embraced.
- Meet with me twice to evaluate your progress and follow recommendations.
- Keep all preliminary material (notes, drafts, etc) and edited columns in a portfolio in the classroom.
Cohort A: Alvarez-Correa, Dewberry, Jory, Hill, Sanok
Cohort B: Corwin, Gallo, Green, Hamilton, Kahn, Wheeler